07:00 - 08:20:
Registration, Breakfast, and Networking
08:20 - 08:30:
Welcome: Dave Maunsell: Managing Director at Accenture Digital Australia/NZ
08:30 - 09:00:
Keynote: David Mathison: Founder and CEO, CDO Summit and CDO Club
• Topic: “First Look: 2016 CDO Talent Map and CDOs Who Have Become CEO/NED"
09:00 - 09:30:
Keynote: Bronwyn van der Merwe: Managing Director, Fjord Australia
• Topic: “Living Services: The Third Era of Digital Transformation”
A keynote presentation on Living Services – new, contextually-aware digital services designed to anticipate and respond to our needs. Reacting in real-time to changes in our environment and patterns of behaviour that will transform how we live, work and play. In this session, Bronwyn will explore how a new layer of connected intelligence will revolutionise the ability of brands and organisations to offer interesting and increasingly indispensable digital services to their customers and citizens.
09:30 - 10:15:
Panel: “The Internet of Things and Connected Platforms”
By 2019, it’s estimated that up to 40 billion devices will be connected to the internet or each other. This presents infinite opportunities for organisations looking to harness the power of connected platforms including transport, spaces, operations, health, commerce and, even, connected workers. This moderated panel will discuss the future of the connected world, what’s currently being used in Australia and the opportunities opening up to organisations who wish to take the next steps towards connecting their enterprise, workers, customers and citizens.
• Greg Stone (moderator): Head of Digital Services - Australasia at ARUP PTY LIMITED
• George Lawson: Head of Emerging Products and Innovation - Aus, NZ & South Pacific at Visa
• John Miskelly: Chief Digital Officer at GroupM
• Kate Burleigh: Managing Director at Intel Australia/NZ
• Lee Hickin: Commercial Lead for Internet of Things at Microsoft
10:15 - 10:45:
10:45 - 11:30:
Panel: “Digital Cities”
With the recent announcement from Australia’s government that 1.1 billion AUD would be invested in innovation, Chief Digital Officers in the public sector are in a unique position to develop better services and spur local digital economies. This brings about important questions about how such a CDO defines their role, and what their duty actually is to ratepayers or local businesses. This moderated debate will seek to define the responsibilities of a Chief Digital Officer in a “smart city”, and includes three city CDOs from Australia to compare and contrast their experiences and strategies.
• Simon Want (moderator): Adviser at Unico
• Cat Matson: Chief Digital Officer, City of Brisbane at Brisbane Marketing
• Jon Cumming: Chief Digital Officer at ACT Government
• Michelle Fitzgerald: Chief Digital Officer at City of Melbourne
11:30 - 12:00:
Keynote: Paul Shetler: Chief Executive Officer at Digital Transformation Office
• Topic: “The Future of Digital Government in Australia”
12:00 - 13:30:
Lunch and Breakout Demos
12:45 - 13:00:
Roy Green: Dean of the UTS Business School at University of Technology Sydney
13:00 - 13:30:
"Citizen Heroes - Digital Creativity and Social Design"
Bem Le Hunte: Associate Professor at UTS: University of Technology, Sydney
13:30 - 14:15:
Panel: “Creepy versus Cool: Striking The Right Balance In Customer Centricity And Personalisation”
Marketing technology and communications channels walk a fine line between being really cool and super creepy. What’s relevant and insightful to one customer may come across as over-bearing and intrusive to another. So how do you strike the right balance? This panel discussion will talk about the emotional, legal and ethical tensions between organisations who want to tailor their products and services to their customers and citizens. Focusing on the fragile balance between how organisations mine and leverage user data, the panel will explore what organisations need to consider when designing personalised campaigns to enhance the customer experience.
• Michael Buckley (moderator): Managing Director, Accenture Interactive, Australia and New Zealand at Accenture
• Ciarán Norris: Director – Marketing & Business Insights Consultation at American Express
• Kevin Wordon: Head of Digital at Flight Centre Travel Group
• Laura Campbell: CIO at Allianz Global Assistance Australia
• Rob Hudson: Chief Digital Officer at GPY&R
14:15 - 14:45:
Fireside Chat: Gerd Schenkel: Executive Director Telstra Digital at Telstra
• Paul Smith (moderator): Technology Editor at Australian Financial Review
14:45 - 15:30:
Panel: “Digital From The Inside Out - How to take your organisation from looking digital to being digital”
Many organisations are finding it challenging to capture the full value of revolutionary breakthroughs in digital innovation. Some have figured out how to use digital technology to drive down costs and become more efficient, akin to “looking digital.” But others are grappling with how to take things further in order to becoming truly digital. This moderated debate will explore the shift required by business leaders to transform their organisation from the inside out including their technology, products, operations and culture.
• David Swan (moderator): Technology Reporter at The Australian
• Christian Bowman: Head of Marketing & Digital at SmartClinics
• Gary Wheelhouse: Chief Digital Officer at Harvey Norman
• Melissa Steward: Chief Digital Officer at Westpac New Zealand Limited
• Renee Gamble: Country Manager ANZ, Google for Work at Google
15:30 - 16:00:
16:00 - 16:45:
Panel: “Digital And The Future Of Sports And Fan Engagement”
Sports and culture are an integral part of the Australian way of life. But the landscape is rapidly changing with organisations in this sector being challenged in how to capture the hearts and minds of supporters as well as increase marketplace visibility, secure greater revenues and invent new ways of interacting with fans. This moderated panel discussion will discuss how sporting and cultural organisations can create a vibrant, commercial future using digital, analytics, the cloud and customer engagement strategies.
• Scott Dinsdale (moderator): Managing Director at Accenture
• Adam Freier: Head of Digital and Wallabies Media at Australian Rugby Union Ltd.
• Andrew Reid: General Manager, Data Analytics and Insights at Ticketek Australia (TEG)
• Chris Gross: Head of Marketing, Brand and Social at FOX SPORTS Australia
• Kane Washington: Digital Product and Program Manager at Cricket Australia
• Rod van Onselen: General Manager Online at Sportsbet
16:45 - 17:30:
Panel: "The DNA of the CDO – Reinvention or Unique"
There has been and remains significant discussion and disagreement as to the role of the CDO, and whether the role's origins are from the CIO/CTO camp or the CMO. Alternatively, is this is a unique leadership role whose origins lie elsewhere?
• Paul Rush (moderator): Partner at Odgers Berndtson
• Danny Bass: CEO at IPG Mediabrands Australia
• Rebekah Horne: Chief Digital Officer at National Rugby League
• Sarah Pike: CMO at Salmat
• Tom Quinn: Former CIO/CTO at News Corp.
17:30 - Close:
VIP Network Reception